Tuesday 26 February 2013

MY STORY IS GOING TO BE PUBLISHED...!


...Or, MY STORY IS GOING TO BE PUBLISHED...!!!!!

Ok, so this isn't much of a blog-post, more of a I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS HAS HAPPENED-post.

And I really don't have much to say as I am still Totally Reeling but, back in November, I entered the Mumsnet/Walker Books Bedtime Story Competition with my story, 'Celeste Who Sang to the Stars'.





And on January 28th I made it onto The Shortlist of 20 authors.

(It's not The Oscars - obviously - but at this point I would like to thank the judges who compiled The Shortlist.  Thank You.)


It's tiny print, but trust me I'm there :)


The Shortlisted Stories were then sent to Mr Michael Rosen for him to select the Final Ten for Publication.

On February 25th the Ten Winners were announced and ... (I realise this won't come as a shock, given the title of this post) ... I was one of them!

Excited isn't even in it.  I am sooooo thrilled :)

(At this point I would like to say a huuuuuge thank you to Michael Rosen - can't begin to tell you what this means to me).


I Heart M for Michael, M for Mumsnet and
upside-down W for Walker Books


All 10 stories will be illustrated and published by Walker Books in 'The Mumsnet Book of Bedtime Stories' later in the year . . .


. . . and I think I'm going to pop :)








*Congratulations to the other Authors I will be sharing the book with.  I'm really looking forward to reading your stories.




5 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,

    I just Googled to find you, as you and I were mentioned on BBC Radio Oxford yesterday and I wanted to make sure you heard it (I only knew because a friend phoned.)

    It was a short piece, announcing our story names and that we'd won the competition and will be published soon. It began "Two Oxfordshire authors...."! It was repeated in the news segment fairly frequently from 2pm-5pm, so you should be able to hear it on iplayer.

    Well done, and I very much look fwd to reading your story!
    Claire McCauley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire,

      I had no idea we were mentioned on the radio - thanks so much for letting me know. I will attempt to locate it on iPlayer and no doubt play it on a loop until my family want to kill me :)

      Very well done to you too :)

      Delete
  2. Splendid work Kate
    I can't wait to read it, along with everyone else's
    (Mostly yours)
    Congrats.
    Cheese-puff.
    That's my name not just a random outburst of something.
    Once again congratulations.
    Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anonymous Cheese-puff, I am very touched :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Aah my lovely and talented friend, just catching up on your posts and I know we've done this already but WOO HOO, YOU ARE PUBLSHED!!!

    ReplyDelete