Saturday 7 April 2012

PROUD TO BE DIRTY!

I knew it would happen eventually...all I needed was a little patience.


From the Daily Telegraph


The headline, or by-line (or whatever the billybobthornton they're called) screamed at me from the morning paper.  Yes!  Yes, I will.  My car hasn't been washed since Mother's Day 2011 and, to be honest, I was feeling pretty bad about it.

But I shouldn't.  And it's official.

Apparently, in the light of recent water-use restrictions, Thames Water are issuing bumper stickers with the message, 'Proud to be dirty'.


Washing cars is not only unnecessary, it seems, but possibly unpatriotic and certainly Eco-un-friendly! 

Hurrah!  Hurrah for me!
And there was I thinking I was just a slattern.


Note:  In my excitement I leapt from the house, camera in hand, to photograph my filthy car with a growing sense of moral superiority.
But - gasp! - what is this?  A recent fall of rain has rudely washed away much of my hard-won grime.
Aw, pants.
Still pretty dirty?  Looks spinkly-sparkly to me

2 comments: